Back to all news

KENNEY MUST DEMAND PRAB GILL APOLOGIZE FOR OFFENSIVE COMMENTS

EDMONTON – PC Leader Jason Kenney must address MLA Prab Gill’s recent comments about Albertans living with disabilities, starting by demanding that Gill remove the comments and apologize.

Last night it surfaced on social media that on March 14 a user wrote on Gill’s Facebook account, stating, “They’ve have left every province they’ve run bankrupt & broken but yet retards still vote them in”. Gill replied with “Yes, agree Rick”.

“Calling Albertans the r-word is totally unacceptable,” says MLA Sandra Jansen. “For Prab Gill to insult persons with disabilities and the voters of Alberta is not only disrespectful, it is beneath that of an elected official.”

This comes on the heels of inappropriate comments made by PC MLA Ric McIver last month where he said that better healthcare for people living with disabilities was a “giveaway” and “buying votes”. 

“The PCs are out of touch with Albertans living with disabilities,” said Jansen. “I’m hearing from many people that they are disgusted by these comments. Perhaps if they took some time away from cutting backroom deals and talking to real people, they would have a greater understanding of the struggles faced by those living with disabilities.”

 

 

 

Recent Releases

    • Education
    Posted: Aug 28, 2025

    Chapman responds to list of books banned from schools by UCP

    Amanda Chapman, Alberta’s New Democrat Shadow Minister for Education, issued the following statement in response to the…

    read More
    • Finance
    Posted: Aug 28, 2025

    UCP government announces huge deficit

    Court Ellingson, Alberta’s New Democrat Shadow Minister for Finance, issued the following statement in response to the…

    read More
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2025

    Nenshi calls for cancellation of AISH cut

    Alberta’s New Democrat Leader, Naheed Nenshi, is calling on the UCP government to immediately cancel their $200 cut to…

    read More