Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff - NDP Caucus #8372
Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff - NDP Caucus
September 18th, 2023
September 28th, 2023 - 4:30pm
The Legislative Assembly Office offers a competitive compensation package including a good benefits plan. Salary range is $55,000 - $70,000 annually, dependent on experience.
Hours Per Week:
Full-time (36.25 hours per week)
The New Democrat Caucus is an employment equity employer.
The NDP Caucus of Alberta is looking for a well organized and experienced executive assistant to work with the Chief of Staff of the Caucus Office.
In support of the strategic priorities of the NDP Caucus and under the direction of the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant will:
- Assist with scheduling of meetings, events, and other commitments
- Support the Chief of Staff in meetings and at event
- Ensure Chief of Staff has all documentation required for meetings and manage the flow of documents in and out of the Chief of Staff’s office
- Ensure that all necessary documents, letters, cards are signed on time
- Liaise with MLAs and other caucus staff as needed to support the work of the Chief of Staff
- Take on additional projects and related work as assigned by the Leader, Chief of Staff and Deputy Chief of Staff
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate will have:
- excellent work planning skills
- excellent relational skills for diverse situations and people
- strong team player, willing to pitch in to help in a fast paced environment
- the ability to meet deadlines, be flexible, and work with a minimum of supervision
- strong written and oral communications skills
- interest in, experience with and knowledge of, Alberta political affairs
- relevant post-secondary education and training
- valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- willingness to work long and irregular hours
The position is Edmonton, Alberta but will require regular travel to other parts of the province.
Interested applicants should submit an application letter and resume, with detailed experience, information and references (in confidence) by 4:30 pm on Thursday, September 28, 2023.
We thank all that apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.