Outreach Officer #7790
November 17th, 2021
December 3rd, 2021 - 5:00pm
Salary range is $55,000 - $65,000, based on experience. The Legislative Assembly Office offers a good benefits plan.
Hours Per Week:
Full-time (36.25 hours per week) with occasional evening and weekend hours.
The New Democrat Caucus of Alberta is looking for a well organized and experienced outreach officer to conduct community outreach work for the caucus.
In support of the strategic priorities of the caucus – and as part of an outreach group - the successful candidate will develop and implement outreach plans to ensure NDP Members of the Legislative Assembly are able to effectively interact and engage with Albertans. The outreach plan will ensure there is effective liaison with cultural communities and associations, volunteer groups, business, labour, and a wide range of other groups in Alberta society.
The Officer will have direct responsibility to identify new opportunities and needs, and to build relations and connections with a diverse range of organizations and interests. The Officer will effectively map, analyze, and assess interests and communities in the province and determine effective ways to connect with them.
Qualifications and Skills:
- demonstrated experience in conducting community outreach
- excellent work planning skills
- excellent relational skills for diverse situations and people
- a solid understanding of the range of interest and community groups throughout the province
- strong team player, willing to pitch in to help in a fast paced environment
- proven record of working with volunteer organizations
- the ability to meet deadlines, be flexible, and work with a minimum of supervision
- strong written and oral communications skills
- interest in, experience with and knowledge of, Alberta political affairs
- relevant post-secondary education and training
Alberta's NDP Caucus is committed to diversity in hiring.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, with detailed experience information by 5:00 pm, Friday, December 3, 2021.
We thank all that apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.