Graphic Designer - NDP Caucus #8370
Graphic Designer - NDP Caucus
Edmonton or Calgary
September 13th, 2023
September 28th, 2023 - 4:30pm
The Legislative Assembly Office offers a competitive compensation package including a good benefits plan. Salary range is $55,000 - $70,000 annually, dependent on experience.
Hours Per Week:
Full-time (36.25 hours per week)
The New Democrat Caucus is an employment equity employer.
Alberta’s NDP Caucus is seeking an experienced communications professional to provide graphic design and related communications services to the caucus.
In support of the strategic priorities of the caucus – and reporting to the Creative Director – the successful candidate will provide graphic design services for the communications plan of the caucus. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing attractive layout and design for communications material produced by the caucus such as newsletters, advertisements, social media, posters, and publications. The successful candidate will work closely with other communications and outreach staff to ensure that the graphic design of materials is thematically consistent and coherently supportive of the various outreach and communications initiatives of the caucus.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate will have:
- appropriate graphic design training and demonstrated design experience
- strong computer skills, including thorough familiarity with graphic design software such as the Adobe Creative Suite
- demonstrated ability to contribute attractive and clear design work to an overall communications plan
- proven ability to adopt and implement new technological processes on the job
- strong written and oral communications skills
- photography experience
- the ability to meet deadlines and work with a minimum of supervision
- good work planning skills
- interest in, and knowledge of, Alberta political affairs
The position is based in either Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta.
Interested applicants should submit an application letter and resume, with detailed experience, information and references (in confidence) by 4:30 pm on Thursday, September 28, 2023.
We thank all that apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.