Spring 2018 - Bill 12: Preserving Canada’s Economic Prosperity Act
In the face of ongoing challenges threatening the construction of increased pipeline capacity, the Alberta government is acting to defend its energy industry.
Alberta/Western Canada currently exports:
- 7.2 billion cubic feet per day in 2017 of natural gas (from Alberta)
- 4.1 million barrels a day of crude oil (from Western Canada)
- 200,000 barrels a day of refined fuels (gasoline, diesel, jet fuel) *Alberta number based on internal government estimates, includes all methods of transportation
As of December 2017, the existing Trans Mountain Pipeline shipped on average:
- 258,000 barrels daily of crude oil and blended bitumen
- 44,000 barrels daily of refined fuels (gasoline and diesel)
Approximately 80,000 barrels a day of refined fuels goes to B.C. on all modes of transportation, based on internal government estimates.