Constituency Assistant: Calgary-Buffalo Office (Part-Time) #7764
Constituency Assistant: Calgary-Buffalo Office (Part-Time)
October 12th, 2021
October 22nd, 2021 - 5:00pm
$25.17-$29.33 per hour
Compensation is determined using the Legislative Assembly Office’s pay grid. In addition to salary, employees can expect a competitive benefits package that includes vacation days, sick days, health insurance, and pension contributions. Additional compensation may be offered based on the successful candidate’s past experience.
Hours Per Week:
21.75 hours per week
MLA Joe Ceci is seeking to fill the part-time (21.75 hours/week) position of Constituency Assistant.
Reporting to the MLA, constituency staff are a liaison between the elected official and their constituency, community groups, stakeholders, and others. Their work will include office administration, casework management, constituent advocacy, community and digital outreach, and correspondence management.
- Intakes, files, and manages government program casework for constituents
- Assists constituency manager and MLA with correspondence as needed
- Assists constituency manager with planning and executing community and digital outreach
- Assists constituency manager with office administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience required
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects required
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite and Outlook required
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends with notice, required
- Familiarity with government programs (e.g., Income Support, AISH, MEP, WCB) an asset
- Experience with data management software and programs an asset
- Previous experience in politics an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than 5:00pm on October 25th.
The Calgary-Buffalo Constituency Office is an employment equity employer.