Constituency Assistant: Edmonton-Ellerslie (Full Time) #8163
Constituency Assistant: Edmonton-Ellerslie (Full Time)
November 9th, 2022
December 2nd, 2022 - 4:30pm
Commensurate with experience.
Hours Per Week:
MLA Rod Loyola is seeking to fill the full-time position of Constituency Assistant.
General Description: Reporting to the MLA, the Constituency Assistant will be a liaison between the MLA and their constituency, community groups, stakeholders, and individuals. The individual will be required to work in a challenging, variable environment and take responsibility for assisting the MLA with community outreach, social media, casework, office management and correspondence.
- Staff the MLA at community events and activities
- Contact community organizations about MLA participation in events
- Liaise with caucus staff on scheduling and outreach activities
- Design, post and manage MLA’s social media
- Respond to correspondence from constituents and stakeholders
- Coordinate MLA newsletter and constituency communications design and production
- Assist constituents with accessing government services and programs
- Administrative duties
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities
- Familiarity with MS Windows, Office, databases and CMS web updates
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- A demonstrated commitment to community volunteerism
- A strong understanding of the political history of the constituency and of Alberta politics
- Ability to communicate in some South Asian languages will be an asset
Please submit a resume and cover letter by 4:30 PM Friday December 2, 2022.
We thank all that apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.