NDP Caucus MLAs are seeking to fill part-time (20+ hours/week) Constituency Assistant positions in Edmonton, Alberta.
General Description: Reporting to the MLA, the Constituency Assistant will be a liaison between the MLA and their Constituency, community groups, stakeholders and individuals. Working in a challenging, variable environment the Constituency Assistant will be responsible for office administration, community outreach and organizing, event planning, coordinating communications, casework and the day-to-day operations of the MLA Constituency Office.
- Monitoring community activities and liaising with organizations for MLA participation
- Performing outreach with community organizations and individual constituents
- Representing the Member at public and community functions when required
- Liaising with caucus staff on scheduling and outreach activities
- Ensuring the office is accessible to constituents through regular and consistent hours of operation
- Phone, email and other correspondence
- Administrative duties, including budgeting and file management
- Engaging in casework on behalf of constituents
- Coordinating advertising and constituency mailings and online communications
- Coordinating the work of office interns
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with MS Windows, Office, databases and CMS web updates
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Experience with community organizing
- A demonstrated commitment to community volunteerism
- Knowledge of government bodies and non-governmental agencies, including Alberta Works, AISH, MEP, WCB, etc.
- A strong understanding of the political history of the Constituency and of Alberta politics
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. An excellent benefits package is provided. NDP Caucus Members are employment equity employers.
Please send application by 4:30 PM on Monday October 28 to:
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please fill out the following form to apply.